Back pain is a problem that most everyone faces at one point or another. According to recent surveys, eight out of ten Canadians experience chronic back pain at least once in our lives, but only one out of five of us will seek medical attention for it.
Fortunately, in most circumstances Full Function Rehab & Wellness can offer effective treatments for those with acute or persistent back pain issues.
Lower Back Pain (LBP)
Generally, back pain is localized in the lumbar region (lower back), which bears the brunt of our day-to-day activities. Stiffness, muscle spasms, pain and reduced motion can all be symptoms of lower back problems.
Individuals who have a physically demanding job or play sports that require lots of twisting and turning are more prone to developing lower back pain. In addition to a spinal injury, back complications may also be caused by age–for example, degeneration of the discs that cushion the vertebrae.
Non-specific lower back pain (not associated with a specific condition) is often treated with conservative management over a period of weeks. Over-the-counter painkillers, hot and cold compresses, and reduced activity may help too.
Common Back Pain Conditions We Treat
These are some of the most common reasons why Canadians visit Full Function Rehab & Wellness every year:
- Sciatica - Your sciatic nerve becomes compressed or irritated, causing sciatica pain. Sciatic pain is normally transmitted along your sciatic nerve, which runs from your lower back to your feet.
- Sprains or strains - Back pain, sprain or strain resulting from daily activities.
- Ankylosing Spondylitis - Inflammation of the joints and ligaments along your spine. Over time, your joints may fuse together.
- Work and sports-related injuries - Restricted movement or repetitive strain injuries.
- Spinal Stenosis - Nerve compression caused by the narrowing of part of your spinal column.
- Spondylosis - Spinal degeneration, such as osteoarthritis of the spine, can occur.
- Whiplash - Injury caused by sudden neck movement.
- Osteoarthritis - Joints become painful and stiff in osteoarthritis, the most widespread type of arthritis.
- Spinal injury - An accident that causes extreme back pain or pressure on your neck or head.
How Can Full Function Rehab & Wellness Help?
There’s no need to suffer with chronic back pain anymore. It’s possible to relieve back pain in many cases, and Full Function Rehab & Wellness offers comprehensive back pain treatment that provides sufferers with the best chance of recovery.
In addition to our excellent clinical care, Full Function Rehab & Wellness also offers a one-on-one treatment approach that ensures that you’re as comfortable as possible during your treatment.
You may be covered for treatment costs if you have extended health insurance. We offer direct billing to most insurance companies in Canada.
Contact us today to book an appointment.
Sign Up for Our Newsletter
If you would like to sign up for our monthly e-newsletter, please enter your email.
Your information is kept strictly confidential and is used by Full Function Rehab & Wellness only.